Sunday, February 6, 2011

I've Been Gone But Now I'm Back!

Ooohhh blog.  I have neglected you the past few days.  Please forgive me.  I have been very sleepy, very busy, and very just kind of... blah.  The first week back at work reeaaaalllly drained me.  By Friday I was wondering... how the heck do people make it through the day without naps?  I have to tell you, if I had to rate my top 10 favorite things, naps would take up two of the spots.  Couch naps (my fave) and bed naps (sometimes just too perfect).  I didn't get to take any naps this week.  :*(  That's me... shedding a little tear. 

The aftermath of ice-pocalypse still remains.  The sidewalks have a pretty continual layer of about 4" of ice on them and no matter how often someone (generally my mom or dad) shovels and salts my front steps (the infamous steps that I slipped on to begin with 6 weeks ago!) and walk, it still quickly builds up again.  Either we have more freezing rain and snow and freezing rain on top of that, or the constant icicles that hang from my eaves drip and freeze instantly.  It's been SUPER fun.  Whenever I leave with my mom she practically carries me to the car.  I don't know if it's more because she's just worried about my well being or that she can't bear the thought of having to help me so much again now that I am almost healed.  LOL

I've been trying to stay away from my house as much as possible the past few days.  The girls were at their dad's last night and as it happens they had a sleepover planned at my mom's tonight and my dad wanted to keep them Thursday night so that has been helpful.  They've been here most of the time through the day but gone at night.  They love "sleepover parties" (as they call them) with Grammy or Papa so that is great.  Ever since my official last straw, boyfriend still hasn't actually left.  He just comes home and goes upstairs and doesn't talk to anyone (not even the kids) and avoids all confrontation, but he doesn't leave.  Hence me trying to stay away from the house.  I am really not wanting to have to deal with that situation more than I already have... I guess I've been putting it off (obviously I've been putting it off for well over a year now... but even more so these past few days.)  A fellow blogger posted the funniest comment on my last post about making sure he doesn't slip on the ice on his way out the door.  LOL!  My mom would LOVE that comment.

The girls cheered at their little youth association basketball game today.  That never gets old for me, I swear.  It's just so funny and cute to watch these little girls do their cheers.  And Ava cracks up anyone within shouting distance because her little 4 year old body, having been told that "cheerleaders are loud so the boys can hear them while they're playing" screams the cheers out way louder than everyone else on the squad.  And it's hilarious.  Love it.  :)




This is the halftime show.  LOL.  If you start with the tall girl with glasses in the back my two are the blond in front of her and the brunette in front of her.  Smiling and cheering.  So freaking cute!  :)  It's unfortunate because the uniforms are SOOO cute but for some reason they all didn't come in on time and something went wrong with the order so they ended up cancelling the order and ordering these little t shirts and shorts last minute.  They're still cute but... it's not exactly the full effect.  Olivia cheered for football last year and the youth athletic cheer association uses the same uniforms for every sport, every team, so as to keep costs down for the parents, so this is what they all would look like if they were all in uniform:



I know, right?  :)  I just break into a huge grin whenever I see one of these pics. 

The girls made cookies last night at a "sleepover party" at Grammy's.  I was there for a little bit with Brody but we couldn't stay too long... Brody is a path of destruction and also a carbo/sugar freak so he basically just spent the entire hour we were there trying to barrel through everything in an attempt to get to the cookies.  I was there long enough to decorate a few cookies, though.  As I was messily (not on purpose) frosting a cookie I looked around at what we had produced so far and said, "How in the heck do people do this and make it look nice and neat?  We are clearly not that talented."  Not that this was news to me, but it's just kind of funny to see our cookies knowing what people with that talent can do.  My mom noted that we won't be opening any cute cupcake or bake shops anytime soon.  LOL

So back to my blog's whole raison d'etre.  Because of a mixture of my ridiculous sleepiness, my ridiculous situation with boyfriend, and the 82,000 other things that have been going on the past few days I haven't posted in 3 days.  So let me catch you all up a little bit on what I've been doing to Live My Best Life over the past 3 days. 

Thursday I started organizing a "cookbook" or sorts of some yummy looking healthy recipes I've been collecting lately.  It seems like I'm always seeing something in a magazine or online and tearing it out or printing it out and then losing the scraps of paper within about 7.5 minutes.  And I have a bunch of cookbooks that I find a lot of recipes I want to try but when it comes down to picking something to make for dinner I never know what recipe I found in which book so I just end up not looking for anything at all and sticking with what I know.  But I really need to expand my repetoire.  I need to find more healthy meals that taste good that I can get the kids to eat and also things I can eat myself that won't throw me off my goals. So I got myself a nice little photo album... you know, the old kind with the sticky pages?  And I started filling it with different recipes.  I went through my cookbooks and just tore out what I wanted to try and found some of the others I've been holding back and stuck them all in the book.  I'm keeping it out on my counter!  I need to try and make myself use it!  :)

Friday (and actually a little bit on Saturday) I worked with my mom on the project that I'm keeping a secret from everyone for the time being.  We actually made quite a bit of good progress and also found a few more options that might help make it work out for me.  I know this is all very cryptic but I'm very anxious about this falling apart before my eyes so I just really feel like I need to keep it under my belt for now.  But I am spending quite a bit of time working toward this goal so I have to update my blog in some way so you don't think I'm just shirking my committment!  I'm really hoping to be able to say more within the week, or maybe 2 on the outside.  I also am hoping that is not serious wishful thinking on my part that things will fall into place that quickly!  :)

Saturday (in addition to the "secret" project) I spent some time reconnecting with a couple of my best friends.  I am so lucky that I became close with a group of 7 other girls when we were in high school and to this day, all these years later, we are all still very close.  All but one of us actually still live (or live again) in the same town where we went to school, but we still don't get the chance to see each other very often because of our lives... kids, jobs, kid's sports and activities, relationships, etc... keep us pretty busy but I really cherish the few times when we get to get together and catch up some.  And I know all the other "girlies" feel the same way. 

Today probably the biggest thing I did to Live My Best Life was to stay away (for the most part!!) from the cookies we made last night!  LOL  Actually that's not completely true.  The best thing I did  for myself today was to thoroguhly enjoy moview night with my kiddos.  Yes, the Super Bowl was on tonight.  No, I didn't watch it.  No, I don't care.  :)  When I picked the girls up from my mom's this morning they were very excited to tell me that Enchanted would be on tv tonight and Grammy told them they could watch it and, could they? could they?  LOL.  So I made dinner for the kiddies and we all got our jammies on and hunkered down  for a pretty cute movie.  Even Brody was "enchanted" by it a little bit.  (hahaha sorry about the awful pun!)  The girls really loved being able to stay downstairs with me in the living room and watch a movie together. That made it realy great for me.  :)

OK in closing... Glee tonight was AWESOME... except that I'm not at all thrilled about this Finn/Quinn developement.  I'm team Finchel all the way!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for following. I am now following you.
    I don't know about you but I am ready for spring. : )
    Nancy
    Finding Blessings in Everyday Life

    ReplyDelete