Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ice-Pocalypse, Concrete Corn, More Sick Kids, And Major Life Changes. All In A Day's Work.

Last night I couldn't sleep because all I could hear was the crackling of the tree branches around my house with the weight of the ice on them and I kept hearing branches and limbs fall.  I was so worried a limb would go through my roof into one of the kids' rooms I couldn't focus on anything other than that.

I did get about 85% of my taxes done.  I'll be getting back a little less than I was hoping but... I'll readjust my plans for it a little and move on!  After I did my taxes I flipped back over to the old blogger and checked my feed of all the awesome blogs I am loving.  I had decided not to do a blog hop this week because my Internet connection seems to be moving at a total crawl and flipping through all the sites and trying to read their posts and comments and follow is just nearly impossible at this speed.  I want to be able to take my time and get to know each of your lovely blogs a little and really sink my teeth into them and it's very frustrating not to be able to do that because our ridiculous Internet service provider (that has a monopoly in my area so I'm pretty much stuck with it) tends to suck most of the time lately.

BUT I digress... On the feed I noticed a blog hop called "Where in the World are You" and I thought... this sounds interesting... I clicked and read about this hop that's been going on for several weeks now and I just loved the idea.  The people on the hop tell you where they're from and some interesting facts about their location each week.  I instantly thought that was a fun and great way to get to know your fellow bloggers a little and learn some great little trivia tidbits (I love trivia! LOL) sounded like too much fun. 

So at like 3 am I typed up this great little post about my location (Ohio!) and included lots of funny and cute and interesting and weird little facts about Ohio.  And even though my Internet was barely moving I managed to include several pictures of the things about which I was writing.  And I finished it at like 4 am.  And then I promptly lost it.  LOST IT!!  I don't even know how that's possible because blogger saves everything automatically like every 3 seconds but... it was gone.  UGGGHH!!!  So I went to bed.

So here's some very very abbreviated fun fact about where I'm from.  I'm from Ohio.  It's cold here.  We're the Buckeye State.  We have lots of cornfields.  We even have one that's made of concrete.  It's supposed to symbolize our agricultural roots that have been overtaken by urban scrawl or something like that.  I would post a picture but again... not enough Internet speed.  I promise I will try and post it someday soon... For now just try and picture that you're driving down a road full of office buildings and you pull up to a stop light only to see a giant field of diagonal rows of like 10' tall ears of concrete corn sitting next to you.  It's kind of surreal, actually.  So that's the best I can do right now for fun Ohio facts.  Sorry no pics or anything more exciting.  :(

We're in the middle of ice-pocalypse 2011.  Tomorrow will be the 3rd day of no school this week (officially 3 days over our calamity limit for the year already on Feb 3) and it's something like 7 degrees outside and the ground and trees and cars and everything else in sight is covered with about 4" of ice.  Which is super fun and not at all anxiety-inducing for someone who's spent the past 6 weeks dealing with and recovering from an injury that was caused by ice.  So I'm really loving it.

In other random news... Brody has a fever again.  103.6 tonight.  His nose hasn't stopped running for about 4 solid days.  And of course the stinkiness from a couple of days ago.  I don't know what to do with the boy.  The doctors keep just saying there's nothing wrong with him.  Clearly there's something wrong with him.  I don't know.  :(  My poor baby.  I hate that he doesn't feel good so much.  I wish I had better answers.

Also... remember the post a couple of days ago about the little secret thing that my mom and I started working on the other day that would be such a huge step towards Living My Best Life?  Well we made some serious progress in that area today.  I got some troubling news and some very good news sooo.... who knows.  But it's a very far out of my reach concept for the time being so... I'll just leave it at that for now.  I'll keep you updated!

And finally... I think I finally fully committed to kicking boyfriend out tonight.  I think I officially reached my limit.  There is a lot I haven't mentioned about boyfriend but obviously you know that there have been some serious major problems going on.  I do classify myself as a "mostly single mom" after all.  And boyfriend has been in the picture for nearly 4 years of my 6 and nearly 5 year old's life not to mention our 1 year old.  So there are clearly some issues there.  I've tried to kick him out probably 2 dozen times before... and he has always talked me out of it.  Or just refused to leave until I gave in.  I won't dwell too much on such a downer subject but... truthfully I know that this is a GIANT step towards Living My Best Life.  It's something that I've needed to do for a long time but I've been scared to stick to my guns about it because I always feel like, a "mostly single mom" is still not a "completely single mom," and I've been there before (actually, in both categories... ex-husband wasn't much of a help either) and at that time I only had 2 kids.  Now there are 3.  And a bigger house.  And more bills.  And a million other reasons that have kept me scared.  But safe is not happy, and happy I am not.  I'm on my way there, and this will help.  I know I'll be a little sad about the end of something that has been such a huge part of my and my kids' lives for the past 4 years but... I know it's for the best.  It's been a long time coming and it's time I stop letting fear control my mind and do the right and best thing for me and for my kids. 

OK that was a big downer.  LOL.  Sorry!!  Let me leave you with this... Greys and Private Practice are finally new tomorrow night!  Are you as excited about that as I am?  Can I give any more proof as to how little it takes to excite me in my life??? LOL  Good night!

4 comments:

  1. Obviously, you do have a sick child! All four of mine have had the flu over the past four weeks. It's made for a fun month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in Dayton, so trust me, I know about the ice-pocalypse of 2011. I'm tired of being stuck in my house. Lol.
    My son had a fever last week, for 6 days; his highest temp was 104.9 and the low 99.8. He's finally better!!!
    Sorry to hear about things with your boyfriend. Sometimes, the best decisions we make are the hardest ones. Hang in there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just make sure when you kick the boyfriend out, he doesn't slip on the ice and break a hip or something. Then you will be stuck with taking care of an emotionally and physically damaged ex. Funny blog post and I enjoyed learning a little bit about Ohio. Thanks.
    -Buffi
    My Wonderfully Dysfunctional Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following from Hop

    ReplyDelete