Monday, January 3, 2011

Grouponing My Way to Fitness

So I'm still laid up with the leg injury but I did some work towards getting back into shape today... in the future...

Groupon is one of my favorite things ever and I can't wait to check my email every morning to see what my daily Groupon deal is going to be.  I also get one from Living Social and Faveroo and I love it.  More often than not they're not anything I can use but I still love checking them out and am always very excited when it's something I want. 

So this morning I woke up around 630 and checked my email and the subject line caught my eye right away... "93% off 6 week boot camp."  Whatever the deal was for 93% off of anything is pretty much right up my alley.  Ad I'm definitely interested in good deals on fitness things right now because my quest to look like Cameron Diaz in 362 days is closing in.  Actually Cameron Diaz is not really on my radar I'm actually more interested in someone like Sarah Ramirez from Greys or Christina Hendricks from Mad Men.  Not only because it's a more realistic goal for me but also because I actually prefer their body type than something like Cameron Diaz, as beautiful as she is.  I'm sure there are a lot of men out there who prefer women much more thin than Sarah or Christina but honestly I find their body type much more appealing and it's about MY Best Life, right?  When I'm thinner I'm still curvy and voluptuous and I prefer to embrace and rock those curves than shy away from them.  I just need to get back to that point!

But I digress... often.  LOL.  I'm sure you've noticed that about me by now.  I also tend to be super wordy.  I prefer "verbose" but that's just the English major in me poking through.  I hope you have the patience to read through my entire posts because quite simply, as hard as it is for me to cut things out of my life, it's just as hard for me to cut words out of my stories. 

So anyway back to the Groupon.  I was seriously considering it as it seemed like a pretty good deal but the only problem was that the gym where it was located is about a half hour from my house so that would cause problems with childcare for me.  OH yeah and also the fact that in the picture the women were wearing sports bras and shorts that were basically lollies and rocking their 6 pack abs... I was thinking... ok so this place is NOT for me.  Soon it was time to get the kids up for their first day back to school since Christmas break so I put the Groupon idea on the back burner.

My mom came over to help me get the kids up and ready (again, leg injury!) and she had just come back from spending the New Year's weekend in DC with my sister (remember?)  They brought me back not one, but TWO gigantic delicious looking cupcakes from Crumbs in DC.  Not to derail my personal quest, they are both totally on board with helping me and also they are continually on the same quest, but my sister and I have kind of followed news about Crumbs opening and were curious about how they tasted since the last time I visited her when she lived there (she's moved home since then) we waited in line for over a half hour to get cupcakes at Georgetown Cupcakes (the one from the TLC show... but this was before the TLC show) and were seriously disappointed by them.  So now I'm staring at these 2 giant Crumbs cupcakes.  Mmmm.... My mind immediately went back to the Groupon.

I ate one cupcake for breakfast after the kids were all off to school while my mom and I discussed how we were going to work out kid transportation over the next couple of weeks until I am off my crutches.  I'll be honest... it wasn't as good as I was hoping.  But that didn't mean I wasn't going to eat the other one later!

OK this has nothing to do with what I'm writing about here but as I'm writing I'm watching "Teen Mom" on MTV (no judgement!) and the girl is giving up her baby for adoption... to her aunt and uncle!  I'm sobbing.  I can't watch stuff like this!  How brave of this girl.

OK back to me.  LOL.  After my mom leaves I log back onto my email and look a little further into the Groupon info and read a little bit on the gym's website.  It says encouraging things like, "Don't worry!" and "No beauty or fashion contests here!" and "Our trainers have all lost 30-60 lbs themselves!" and finally in bold letters and underlined it says "You won't be the worst one! we have a variety of clients who need to lose 100 lbs, 50 lbs, or 20 lbs."  I'm sold.  I buy the Groupon.  Actually, I buy 2.  I'm probably delusional and I'm sure that those trainers that lost 60 lbs started at like 140 and now they weigh 80 and that 90% of their clientele need to lose 20 lbs so they can get down to a size 0 but... I'm going to give it a try.  I've got to get this bod in shape so if making myself go to boot cam is what I need to do then that's what I need to do! 

Umm... back to "Teen Mom" real quick... the girl took her baby back... and her aunt and uncle were totally fine with it... I missed the beginning so I don't know what their circumstances are but I'm thinking this is going to make for awkward Thanksgivings...

So I can't start boot camp yet, obviously, and I probably won't actually "cash in" my Groupon for a couple of months after I am walking again so I can hopefully get a little jump start and not be killed by boot camp instructors, but I've got the 2 six week sessions in my possession and ready to be used.  The good thing is that you have to use or at least register to use them by July 4 so I won't be able to put it off forever...  I love checks and balances! 

It's going to be tough arranging how to get childcare set up for what will essentially be 2 hours a day twice a week with driving time but figuring things like that out by finding a dependable, attentive babysitter (other than my parents!) is also something I need to accomplish so that is just something else I will need to get done!

OK I have a lot of work to get done tonight so I will end this endless blog post for today.  I will quickly say that the Teen Mom is now giving her ridiculously adorable 1 month old baby back to the aunt and uncle.  Poor girl. She's so lucky that she has such a supportive family.  I know firsthand how important and necessary that is.  She's trying to Live Her Best Life I guess.  I can't imagine giving up my baby but I'm sure that's the best decision for Her Best Life.  Now on with Mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment