Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Fellow Bloggers I Need Your Help!

OK seasoned bloggers with extra time on your hands... I'm reaching out to you to try and learn some things.

I just started blogging a few weeks ago, and in the process of "learning to blog" I've learned that... there's a LOT I don't know about blogs!  I've also learned that every time I try to take the time to look around online for tips on how to get my blog site set up the way I want to, I end up getting sucked in to reading all the other blogs I stumble upon, because they're all so great!

SOO.... I'm asking for your help... There is so much I'd like to do with my blog but I am feeling a little overwhelmed in trying to figure it all out so I'm going to put some questions out there to see if I can learn a few things from some of you.  If you feel like answering one or more of my questions I would really love it!

1. I've seen a lot of great blog sites where there are tabs to get to different areas of the blog.  How do I do this?  I've messed around with the design aspect of blogger and apparently I keep doing it wrong because I'm not reaching the end result I'm looking for.

2. Something else I'm loving on other blogs is the way you amazing bloggers out there are grouping your blogs together.  By this I mean... you have a list of headings that group together so many posts about that particular heading, usually followed with the number of blogs that can be found there.  Again, I've tried to see what I can find on how to do this on blogger but so far all I can find is how to change the separation by date, but not more specific headings.  Am I making sense?  How do I do that? 

3. I want to create a button for myself.  I've found some great sites that outline how to set up a button, but this is something that definitely overwhelms me.  I have an idea of what I want, I'm just not sure how to put it together.  An amazing and very sweet blogger offered to make my button for me (thanks amazing and very sweet blogger...!!! I don't want to list your name in case you don't want people bugging you with requests to make their button but I totally will give you more "proper props" if you would like that to be out there! LOL) but I hate to burden her with making the whole thing for me, so if I can figure out how to do it I'd love it.  :)

4. How do all of you wonderful bloggers get so many products to review and giveaway?  I LOVE reading your reviews and I LOVE giving my opinion on products, especially mommy and family related products, so I would LOVE to figure out how to get started with things like that! 

5. I swear I had like 30 questions when I started this post but it's now 3:30 a.m. and I guess I've forgotten 26 of them.  So I guess this is a good start anyway.  But if you can think of any other suggestions I'm totally open to them!!  :) 

Thank you SOOO much for your help, bloggers!  If you'd rather inbox me instead of leaving a comment, please do so at tracyr846@gmail.com

Thanks!!!  I hope that soon my blog starts to look a little more streamlined and exciting than it does now.  :)

7 comments:

  1. I'm following you from Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the follow! I am now following you too! :)

    Have a great day!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the follow! I am following back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for coming by and I love Wendell August too! If you want answers to your questions email me - esty dot blog at gmail dot com and I will be glad to answer them all.Send me 5 questions at a time :) Following back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I get home I'll email you a free web site to go to and see what they offer in blog help :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tracy,

    Thanks for becoming a follower on my blog (I actually have two blogs, see below).

    I don't have loads of free time, but I am always willing to take some personal time to help a fellow blogger...especially a new blogger because we were all 'newbies' at one time and some wonderful bloggers answered my silly 'how to' questions too.

    If you still need help with any of these questions, just shoot me an email and I will do my best to answer them as quick as I can.

    Have a Wonderful Weekend!

    Anna
    http://IamNannyAnna.blogspot.com
    http://thebabystoreplus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. With me it would be like the blind leading the blind. I just had a major meltdown trying to install a play list!

    So where the heck is the post that explains your need for physical therapy?
    kt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>moving on>>>>>>>>>

    ReplyDelete