OK seasoned bloggers with extra time on your hands... I'm reaching out to you to try and learn some things.
I just started blogging a few weeks ago, and in the process of "learning to blog" I've learned that... there's a LOT I don't know about blogs! I've also learned that every time I try to take the time to look around online for tips on how to get my blog site set up the way I want to, I end up getting sucked in to reading all the other blogs I stumble upon, because they're all so great!
SOO.... I'm asking for your help... There is so much I'd like to do with my blog but I am feeling a little overwhelmed in trying to figure it all out so I'm going to put some questions out there to see if I can learn a few things from some of you. If you feel like answering one or more of my questions I would really love it!
1. I've seen a lot of great blog sites where there are tabs to get to different areas of the blog. How do I do this? I've messed around with the design aspect of blogger and apparently I keep doing it wrong because I'm not reaching the end result I'm looking for.
2. Something else I'm loving on other blogs is the way you amazing bloggers out there are grouping your blogs together. By this I mean... you have a list of headings that group together so many posts about that particular heading, usually followed with the number of blogs that can be found there. Again, I've tried to see what I can find on how to do this on blogger but so far all I can find is how to change the separation by date, but not more specific headings. Am I making sense? How do I do that?
3. I want to create a button for myself. I've found some great sites that outline how to set up a button, but this is something that definitely overwhelms me. I have an idea of what I want, I'm just not sure how to put it together. An amazing and very sweet blogger offered to make my button for me (thanks amazing and very sweet blogger...!!! I don't want to list your name in case you don't want people bugging you with requests to make their button but I totally will give you more "proper props" if you would like that to be out there! LOL) but I hate to burden her with making the whole thing for me, so if I can figure out how to do it I'd love it. :)
4. How do all of you wonderful bloggers get so many products to review and giveaway? I LOVE reading your reviews and I LOVE giving my opinion on products, especially mommy and family related products, so I would LOVE to figure out how to get started with things like that!
5. I swear I had like 30 questions when I started this post but it's now 3:30 a.m. and I guess I've forgotten 26 of them. So I guess this is a good start anyway. But if you can think of any other suggestions I'm totally open to them!! :)
Thank you SOOO much for your help, bloggers! If you'd rather inbox me instead of leaving a comment, please do so at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks!!! I hope that soon my blog starts to look a little more streamlined and exciting than it does now. :)