Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Physical Therapy, Here I Come!

I made it to my ortho appointment today... good new!  No surgery!  Yay.  I was thinking this was the way it was going to go but I was still nervous and anxious to make sure.  That's the good news.  The bad news?  For the next EIGHT weeks I have to go to physical therapy 3 times a week!  When they gave me the prescription I actually said "jeez-o-pete."  I couldn't believe that I would need that much!  Not that I'm the expert on how much physical therapy an injury takes but still... blech.

I'm glad to be progressing with the healing of my foot.  Although not long after my ortho appointment I was hobbling through a Kroger parking lot with my cane over snow and ice and... wouldn't you know it... I slipped!  I caught myself, I didn't go all the way down, but it was enough to hurt pretty bad.  Luckily I was getting in my car and heading home at that time but ohmygosh it hurt.  Not to mention the fact that I slipped on the carpet in my living room last night.  I'm scared to death that my clumsiness is going to set me back in the recovery process!  I want my arms and legs back.  Like, now. 

I did do a great grocery trip after the doc's appointment though.  Lots of fruits and veggies.  Lots of healthy snacks.  Lots of good food for my kick back to healthy eating.  I ate good today.  Fiber One bar.  Apple.  Jerk Chicken with corn salsa and brown rice.  5 Triscuits.  LOL.  That is a serving of Triscuits! 5!  I'll bet you think, like I once did, oohh Triscuits, those are good for you.  Hah.  Ya as long as you only have 5 of them at a time!  I could eat a whole box of the Fire Roasted Tomato ones on any given day.  But I just ate 5.  :)

I am starting back to work next Monday.  It has been nice to have some time off, even though I spent half of it in serious pain and the other half either snowed in or dealing with sick kids or snowed in with sick kids... It hasn't really been a great time.  Not that you should have too much fun while being off work with an injury but this has been pretty tough.  I've hardly left the house in 5 weeks and it has been kind of lonely and I am definitely getting cabin fever but hopefully as my foot gets stronger I can start to venture out a little more.  Today I did the Kroger trip on the boot with the cane and even if I hadn't slipped and hurt myself I was in major pain just from all the walking on it. 

In other news, mom gets back from Florida Saturday!  Yaaay!  I can't wait.  Although it will be interesting to see how she reacts to Brody's new found strength and all-around rambunctiousness.  I know she's going to tell me she wants to give up her Mondays with him because he will wear her out too much.  I can totally understand that!  He is hard to keep up with!  Hopefully she can hang a little while longer; I love that he gets to spend one day a week with his awesome grammy. 

Oh, Brody can do flips.  He's 15 months old.  This seems a little crazy, no?  :)

Alrighty well that's all for today.  PT scrips and healthy food.  Not a bad all around day, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm...Jerk chicken...yummers~!!

    Greetings and salutations~!!

    GFC following *heavensent1* from Blog Hop Skip and Jump Wednesday...ifn you have a moment...please stop by my place and have a look around...looking forward to getting to know you ~ Mad Moose Mama ~ http://www.madmoosemama.blogspot.com ~ Have yourself a gloriously groovy day~!! Peaces...xoxo

    ReplyDelete